Employment Opportunities from Our Member Businesses
Great North Bank is a family-owned, independent community bank serving Wisconsin, upper Michigan and beyond. Great North Bank, established in 1891, works with small, medium and large size businesses. The bank offers a full array of banking products and services, as well as consumer and business loans. Great North Bank works with a variety of businesses including timber, wood products, forestry, manufacturing, transportation, and more.
With our continued growth, we are looking to add an experienced Commercial Banker to join our Florence team. This person will perform all duties associated with the Commercial Banker position in originating, underwriting and closing secured and unsecured commercial loans in accordance with established lending objectives, policies and procedures. They will also establish, maintain and maximize relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Works closely with the Senior Lender (or COO) to ensure understanding of key initiatives and to align team with strategic plan.
- Maintains a portfolio of existing customers and maximizes relationship based on customer need. Gathers and oversees compilation of all needed information for loan application.
- Works in tandem with Para lenders to request appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to evaluation of loan application.
- Monitors the financial condition of clients and takes necessary action to collect on past due accounts and ensure the ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts.
- Provides financial advice and counseling to current and prospective clients regarding conditions of the business environment and general banking trends.
- Facilitates negotiation with customer, both new and existing, according to established standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Collects delinquent accounts in timely manner within bank procedures/processes.
- Remains highly informed on current Bank policy and related rules and regulations.
- Supports the sales culture of the Bank by seeking opportunities to promote or cross sell Bank products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience required
- Specialized training in accounting, finance and economics plus additional bank-related training preferred
- 2 + years of Commercial Banking and Mortgage Lending experience required
- Knowledge of credit and lending regulations and policies
- Thorough knowledge/understanding of legal and regulatory matters and industry trends
- Proven business development and sales skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Oral/Written communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers and employees with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Resourceful, innovative and well organized
We offer competitive benefits and compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, company provided life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to Kim Van Osdol, email@example.com with the subject line “Commercial Banker” to be considered.
No phone calls or Recruiters – please.